Die Cut Girl Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hop To It! Wall Hanging



I designed this cute little wall hanging to help motivate me at work. The Frog, Lilly pad, water lily and fly are SGV files from the Frogs & Kisses SVG kit from Lettering Delights. The kit is adorable and available for a purchase price of $4.00.  The square triple layer frame, cattails and grass are my designs and I will gladly share the SVGs with you so you can make this or another project with them. The lettering is made from arial rounded font and I will include the wording in the zip file for those of you who don't want to make your own.  The LetteringDelights cut files work really nicely with MTC (Make The Cut) software.  You can download the items when you purchase from them, but if you are using MTC they are available right in the program and you can easily see and choose the items you want to use for your project.

All the items in this project (except the mat board) were cut using my KNK Zing die cutting machine.  I used Bazzill card stock 'Chandler' line from the craft store.  It's a heavy card stock with texture and a sheen to it.  I used 3 shades of green, 2 shared of blue, 2 shades of pink, white, black, brown and light grey.  For the eyes on the frog and fly, as well as the frogs mouth I just used some black, red and white scraps.  Actually, many of the items were cut from scraps.  I used the Knife Point feature in MTC which allows me to cut in very specific places on the mat and utilize the very small scraps of paper.  I love this feature.

The finished size of my project is 9.5 x 9.5, but you can make yours any size you like. This one would make a great card too.  I assembled the project on mat board cut to size, but you could use anything including heavy card stock, poster board, cereal boxes, whatever you have handy.  I used a combination of Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive and pop dots for dimension.  I the the Scotch adhesive, but you can use whatever you have.  3-D glue dots would work just as well as the pop dots too. For the grass on the bottom right corner, just just cut several pieces in a few different sizes and stuck them in the corner until I was happy with the look.

This is a very simple little project that will brighten up any room.  It makes me smile whenever I look at it.  I hope some of you Cut your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment